For the successful implementation of a MaaS concept, many factors must interlock. The interests of all local stakeholders must be taken into account, as well as the local political framework, customer demand and much more. In the online workshop “The ecosystem play” we want to work out all these factors interactively on the basis of the ecosystem Helsinki (Finland). Eemil Rauma, as Ecosystem Ambassador of Helsinki, will be on hand to provide first-hand input.
Eemil Rauma | Chief Impact Officer at ITS Finland
Key data and details of the process
Work together to develop new strategies to make it easier to implement MaaS concepts in the future and be inspired by new ideas and impressions.
How does the workshop work?
The online tool miro will serve as a digital round table for all participants. Each session has a different focus, which is important for collaboration in ecosystems. The Helsinki ecosystem is presented by the MaaS Ambassador. Through a change of perspective and different tasks, solutions for challenges and conflicts of interest are developed together. Too much should not be revealed at this point – after all, the tension also lies in the surprise.
What is the schedule?
Wednesday, November 24, 2021:
- 09:00 – 11:00 CET – Session 1
- 13:00 – 14:30 CET – Session 2
- 15:30 – 17:00 CET – Session 3
Who can participate in the workshop?
All those who are interested in MaaS concepts or are themselves active in the MaaS area are cordially invited to participate in the online workshop. The number of participants is limited to 12 people.
EUR 60,– excl. 20 % VAT. | Places for students on request by email to email@example.com
The topics of the online workshop “The ecosystem play”
In three sessions, each with different topics, we will deal digitally with the challenges of MaaS projects. Based on this, we will jointly develop solutions and develop ways to overcome these challenges.
- Session 1: “Trusted Relationships”:How do you establish and maintain collaborative relationships between the actors? How can these act as the basis for a MaaS system?
- Session 2: “Shared Customer Needs”:How can the different stakeholders develop a common understanding of customers? Who is the owner of the user? Who is the owner of the data?
- Session 3: “Solution Alliances”:How are alliances for joint mobility solutions formed? How can self-interest and the common good be combined? Whose success is it?